The Funkite Cemetery (also sometimes known as Providence Mennonite Cemetery) resides partially hidden between a forest bordering a busy highway on one side, and an overgrown field on the other.
The small burial place is located in a clearing surrounded by a low stone wall and towering trees. There are no markers beyond some tattered American flags hanging from the trees.
In 1815, the Evansburg Funkite Meetinghouse was built on the side of Germantown Pike. The cemetery was founded around the same time and most headstones date from 1815-1837, though few are still legible or well-tended. There are around 32 markers in total.
In 1870, the old Meetinghouse was torn down and the stones from the house were used to build the low wall around the little plot.