This entry is a stub
The Marlborough White Horse can be found on the grounds of Marlborough College. At 62 feet long by 47 high, it is the smallest of the white chalk horses in Wiltshire.
Also sometimes called the Preshute White Horse, this hillside horse figure was designed and marked out on the hill by William Canning, and cut in 1804 by a group of students at Mr. Greasley’s Academy, a nearby school. Students kept up the maintenance of the horse, but after Greasley’s closed it started to become overgrown. By the mid-19th century, the grass was once again cut back so that the horse could shine.